Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slowly but Surely

I'd say the knee is about 75% now.  I've been running pretty frequently on it and its holding up.  The running doesn't hurt so much now, its still just the bending and sleeping.  Who knew sleeping could cause so much pain?!

Not a whole lot else to update on the running front.  Its slow.  Its there.  I'm dealing.  So here is a fun meme!

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Shoot, 10 years ago I was 16.  I "ran" every so often because I thought I needed to exercise more.  I was 5'4, 88 pounds and danced 20+ hours a week.  I don't really think I was running for the right reasons.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

The best, hands down, was crossing the finish line of the Twin Cities Marathon last October.  It was the most amazing feeling of my life.  The worst was just a few weekends ago when my body rejected me and could not go any longer.  Stopping at mile 15.5 of 18.6 because I physically could not go on was rough.  But I learned its ok to listen to your body and to not get down on myself for it.  

3. Why do you run?

Why do you breathe?!  Its a simple question.  I need running to sustain.  It keeps me active, it keeps me healthy, but most importantly its my time to get away and decompress.  Its also an accomplishment.  Type A's LOVE accomplishments.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?

I can't say I've really been given all that much advice.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people know.

I used to cut the "underwear" out of running shorts because I could not stand the feeling.  Rebel!

As a runner, I am tagging:
ANYONE!

No comments: