Friday, May 28, 2010

A Golden Day

Its my golden birthday. Today, I turn 28 years old.

I'm no longer a kid. I'm well into adulthood. I'm happy. I'm physically fit, although not as fit as I know I could be. I have a great house, a great job, and great people surrounding me in life. I could not ask for more.

But I'm not satisfied. There is so much I would like to improve upon and so much I would like to do. 28 years old is young. I know this. But it feels so old. It feels like I am heading towards "crunch time" for so many goals I have for my life.

So for my 28th year, here is what I would like to improve upon:

1. Trust in the Lord and His plan for me. Trust that He will provide a family for us when He is ready.

2. Use less. Sustain what I have, add little to what I do not.

3. Run hard. Add in hill workouts and speed workouts weekly to improve the gift of running that I have been given. My long term goal is to train and qualify for the Boston Marathon, although I would like to have a baby first so this may not have in my 28th year.

4. Eat real food. Compared to 99% of the world, I eat incredibly healthy. But I know I could treat my body even better. My body responds to real, whole food. It feels better, it looks better, and it performs better. My will power does not always sustain me. In my 28th year I would like to take control of my will power and fuel my body with real food.

5. Keep my words positive and kind. Spread God's word to all.

Psalm 9:10

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.



No comments: