Saturday, May 15, 2010

Why?

I run for my dad who was in a serious car accident but who, by the grace of God, is safe.

I run for those who cannot run.

I run for those who can run, but don't yet know it.

I run for my best friend who is pregnant and not able to run right now.

I run for those who can run, and are running, but not with me.

I run for those who think running is crazy and only insane people do it.

I run for the fresh air and the sunshine and the waves at other people and the way it makes me feel alive.

I run because I'm blessed to be able to.

I run because I can.
_______________________________________

I'm still trying to decipher what makes my body tick. Cutting out certain foods in my diet seems to help, but I don't feel like I've been very consistent at it. This could not have come at a better time. I am going to give it a try. I may not be perfect (gosh it was hard to type that), but I'm going to give it my best and see how I feel. Anyone can do something for 30 days right?! I plan to use this space as an avenue to vent and tell my story one day at a time.

In the documentary "No Impact Man" (watch it!) he says something along the lines of ... each one of us can make a difference by taking the time to change our own lives and inspiring others to do what they can do along the way. This is how big change starts ...

In the next 30 days (and beyond) I hope to learn about myself and the human relationship with food and inspire as much change as possible.

No comments: