Friday, July 8, 2011

Another year, another restart

Again, it's been over a year since I've posted. So much has changed; it's hard to remember the life I used to lead. I had recently written about trusting the Lord and waiting for His timing in relation to starting a family. Little did I know that a month later it would be His time.

This year, we have her. Our Mallory Ann.

After a whirlwind of a year, it's time to get back to running. I kept up with it pretty well in the first few months of pregnancy, but boy do I give credit to the moms who can run all the way up until their due date. At around 5ish months, it became so uncomfortable that I called it quits and stuck to walking, biking, and eliptical. About 2 months after Mallory was born, I ran a few times here and there, but nothing consistent.

July 7, the new beginning. It is humbling to run again after such a long time off. My legs want to return to the speed they were used to. Unfortunately, my lungs are not in agreement. Cardiovascular wise, I am no where near fit. But this is just the beginning. I can only go up from here.

I plan to sign up for the TC 10 mile and hope to get in. That will be my first goal, to return to competitive shape. I can't expect the same times I have run, but I hope to get close. My long term goal is the TC Marathon 2012 and to aim for under 4 hours, ultimately 3:40 to qualify for Boston.

Here's to new beginnings, better beginnings, and baby steps.

No comments: