Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Slowly, but surely

After just 3 runs, I'm already feeling like I'll be able to do this again. The first 2 were brutal, I won't lie. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack and I had to walk just to regain my breathing. I can't remember the last time I had to do that while on an "easy" run.

I am still slow. I still breathe harder than I'd like. But I didn't have to walk, and I didn't feel like dying. I think I actually enjoyed myself.

August 20. Snail Run 10k. I have placed in the top 4 for my age group every time I've run it. The last time, 2009, I won my age group. It's a lofty goal, but somewhere in the back of my mind, where my competitive runner is sitting, waiting, itching to come out, I hope to be in the top 5. Not sure what sort of time that would take, I'm guessing somewhere under 55:00. It's a very lofty goal, but I'm sure I will be there pushing it up those terrible hills at the end, racing against the clock.

No comments: