Friday, May 18, 2012

#Flatschallenge - Preparation

I remember following the blogs and vlogs last year during the first annual "Flats and Handwashing  Challenge" put on my Kim Rosas of Dirty Diaper Laundry.  I was so intrigued and thought it would be a fun thing to try some time.  Intrigued enough, I even got some flats last fall to try out. 

This year I was anxious to know if she was going to do the flats challenge again, and I was excited when I read it was on.  I signed up right away (with only a bit of apprehension). 

What I have:
  • 15 flats
  • 5-10 covers
  • Snappi
  • Boingos
  • Clothes line and clothes pins/drying rack
  • Charlie's soap
  • Rubber gloves
Just reading that list, all the things I need to diaper my child for the week, it seems so simple.  I am so fortunate to have all the "extra" bells and whistles when it comes to cloth diapers (an abundance of pocket diapers, WAHM hybrid fitteds in adorable prints, a washing machine and dryer, etc.).  But if it came down to it, I could cloth diaper Mallory with the short, simple list above.

Even so, I have some nerves about the week ahead.  Will I be able to hand wash the flats sufficiently?  How will nights go? I know the rules say I can use a night time solution and I will definitely use our gdiaper biodegradeable insert each night - but if I'm feeling gutsy I may try without.  Will I be able to get the husband and nanny on board? 

I am excited to blog about my experience and plan to link up to other blogs.  Who knows, maybe I will even start writing here more often with a renewed interest in blogging (although with a slightly different topic).

Bring it on #flatschallenge!

No comments: